Monday, July 28, 2014

Mix It Up Monday

This post is all over the place.  The Tall Guy leaves the mail on the kitchen table for me since he gets home before me.  I could not figure out what the white plastic envelope had in it.  It was this super cute composition notebook cover that I have coveted since Susan B. Anderson blogged about it earlier in the Spring.  Isn't it super cute!


 The other envelope I knew what it was right away!  My Just Beautiful Alpaca from Cheryl so I can finish my Birds Nest Shawl!


While waiting for the yarn to come, I've been knitting on my Summer Sweater.  The back is done with some modifications.   The pattern is the Women's Boxy Pullover from Plymouth.   I am not a boxy kind of gal, so I've used my standard modifications and am making it with cut out sleeves.

I've got the front cast on and ready to go for knitting at the shop tomorrow.


I really haven't had an appropriate post to show a couple of shawl pins that I picked up at the shop a couple of Saturdays ago.  I figured on Mix It Up Monday, it might be an appropriate time to show them off.  When I was at camp earlier this month, I really decided that I needed some pins to keep my shawls and shawlettes in place.

Both of these are going to fit the bill.  Even though, this is on my sweater as a backdrop, isn't this one super cool.  I am just loving it, even as a decoration on a sweater.  Hmmm.


This pin is going to be perfect for almost every shawl I have!


My pins may get a work out the next couple of days in Central Illinois.  We have had some unseasonably cool nights and mornings which I am okay with.  It seems more like early Fall than July. I'm not complaining though.

No comments: