Wednesday, August 06, 2014

What to Say?

Last year, I blogged about our friend moving away.  It was tough, but I knew that she was still around and that I could pick up the phone and talk to her.   This morning we learned that she had passed away. 


Last night, the Radical Knitters met for the first time in about a month to knit and catch up.  We learned then that our friend was not doing very well.   I think we all thought that something was going to happen, but we were not sure when, and I thought perhaps she would still pull it out of her to stay (because that is the way she usually is.)

 After I got home last night, it was a bit difficult to wind down and go to sleep.  During the course of the tossing and turning, I did something that I have only done one other time, I said to the sky, it is okay  to go if you want. (Really, I did!) This morning, after I got to work, we received the email that our dear friend had passed away early this morning.  I was kind of expecting it.

The Radical Knitters, I think, all believe today that it was bashert (a phrase that my friend said once and I have since used it many times myself) -( meant to be) that we were all together last night before she passed getting the latest news on her, knitting and laughing together.

Our friend was special, but doesn't everyone say that about their friends?  But, really she was.  When I first met her 20 years ago, I did not care for her.  I thought she was too honest, opinionated and to the point.  If you would have asked me then if we would be such close friends 20 years later, I would have said you were full of it.

We will miss knowing that she is with us, but tonight, I know that wherever she is, she was in control of her life to the very end and has reunited with her husband.  I'm sure of it.

Thank you dear friend for all you did while you were here, we love you, we will miss you and we will knit together again somewhere sometime.  I'm sure of it.  Save me a seat!





No comments: