Thursday, September 11, 2014

What The?

So, last night I finally got the Birds Nest Shawl all wet and laid out on the table.  I was pinning it around and 


found this.  How the heck does that happen?  Was it a thin piece in the yarn?  I don't think so.  Did I catch it on something?  I don't think so.  Did I use that magic knot on it that I am becoming less and less fond of?  Maybe.  I think, I'll revert back to the old fashion way of burying the ends.  


Tomorrow or Saturday when it is dry, with the aid of my handy dandy drying helper, I'll see if that is at the start of the shawl or the end.  If it is at the end I'll rip it back and reknit the final border.  If at the beginning, I'll do some repair.


Sometimes, it pays to use the tried and true methods instead of those new fangled methods!

No comments: