Sunday, July 05, 2015

Looking Over My Favorites

The pieces to my Inlet Sweater are all complete.  Unfortunately, with Camp just four days away, the blocking table is going to be pretty heavily in use until I leave.  So, it will not get sewn up until I get back from camp.  I may, however, get a chance to get it on the blocking table before I leave so it will be ready to sew up when I get home.



I've been playing around this morning with some lace weight yarn, Lost City Silk from Lost City Knits.  I am loving the yarn, but the more I knit with it, the more I realize that it just does not want to be the Radiance Shawl.  It really wants to be a wrap and Denise has designed a lovely pattern to go with it, Flight of the Wild Silk Moths.  I am going to keep it in my mind for after camp, because it is going to require a bit of my concentration to knit on it. (read that as it has some techniques that I have never done before, like nupps!)


Before, I made the decision that the yarn did not want to be Radiance, I headed over to my favorites on Ravelry.  I've got some good things over there favorited and it just makes me want to cast on all the things.  It just amazes me of all the wonderful designs that are out there for knitting.  Sweaters and shawls and cowls and wraps and baby blankets.  There are so many good things out there and my "friends" are my biggest enablers, they are knitting some pretty good stuff too.

What a wonderful thing Ravelry is!


No comments: