Sunday, August 23, 2015

Super Excited

We have been some really super nice weather the last few days in Central Illinois, and with the cooler temps and the dates on the calendar, I am super excited to start knitting for Fall sweater wearing.


Unfortunately, I've got some deadline knitting to complete first.

The first deadline is a stealth knitting project I am not at liberty to divulge yet, but I'll be spending my Saturday/Sunday knitting on a special project.  It's deadline is in my mind sometime mid next week.  After it has been given, I'll blog about it, but suffice it to say it is really cool.

The next deadline knitting is a baby blanket for a shower on the 12th for my daughter-in-law's sister.  We have spent a lot of time with her and her husband when we have been in Iowa, so I felt like something knitted was a must.  The colors were a bit hard to wrap my head around, navy and gray, but the whale theme helped out a bit.


I've been tossing around what to do for her though.  For Mona Lisa's shower I knit a stupid little pea pod that in my mind wasn't all that special, but it had everyone going a bit nuts over it.  I'm still searching for the perfect yarn for one of those to add to the shower present, but along with a mobile, some sheets and receiving blankets (ok, I know I've went overboard, but this baby is supposed to be born around my birthday), I decided a blanket encompassing the blue and gray was in order.

I, also, found a whale pattern that was not done in color work, so I monkeyed around with a pattern and came up with a blanket that encompasses both the theme and the colors.  I wasn't super happy with just the blue and gray, so I decided to add in a teal that was in one of the sheets requested.

The whale is difficult to see in the gray at times, but I think will be really evident when I get to the other side and the teal.


And the last deadline is for the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.  I'm knitting a shawl (blogged about it before) to wear to knitting friend, Kendra's wedding.  We'll see if that makes the deadline or if I have to pull out something else to wear.


Then, right after all of the above, Poppy's Baby Blanket and Peapod need to be done for an early October birth.

I'm thinkin bout the time Fall really sets in, I'll be able to knit for me a bit, before the Christmas Stocking starts.  Oy!  Time to go out and enjoy the beautiful day.  Have a great Sunday!!

No comments: