Sunday, November 01, 2015

I Hereby Declare

Weekends are for me!  Does anybody besides me have that problem that when you finish a huge project whether it is knitting or on the job or just around the house and you just take a moment or a week or maybe even two to decide what's next?!  It can get a bit overwhelming as I can attest to after having just come off of major baby knitting, I had  commitments every single night except last week except for  Monday.  Usually, if I have a week like that, I get Fridays to just come home and decompress, but this week I got together from some retirees (I'm not one of them yet [sad face]).  It was a great time, but I missed my Friday.

And now, it is Sunday and I am staring down at Monday, but it is a new week, and I have had a little talk with myself because it is time to start this month out right.  First of all, get moving!  With a hectic life lately, my eating habits and moving schedule has been a bit off and the scale is just not going anywhere.  Mentally, I've made a little list of where I want to be in 30 days.  I am super glad that today is the first and it starts on the first day of the week and is a new month.  I'm sorry to bore you with the details, but if I don't put them hear who will hold me accountable, so where do I want to be in 30 days?

I want a weight loss of at least 5 pounds, heck, I want more, but one a week is my first goal.  How to accomplish?  Well, I've pulled out a few Weight Watcher Recipes and pinned them over on Pinterest.  I need to make my lunches healthy and different and I need to get away from my desk and take my whole hour.  If I can talk someone into walking with me for at least the first 1/2 hour on a consistent basis (that doesn't always happen because of the meetings are drop in visits I have in the office), but when possible I need to be up and walking.  I'm going to use the 30 Day Walking Challenge from Leslie Sansone starting on Monday to see if I can't bump my totals up.  If I don't do it at work, then it is going to have to be on the treadmill at home BEFORE I sit down to knit at night.  Weight loss is my primary focus in the next 30 days or  else!!

Secondly, I've got some knitting to do and I really want to knock about 4 things off of the list, but most importantly, I AM NOT going to let that stupid list get in the way of knitting for me and for fun!   I still need some sweaters and starting next week, I am going to actively blogging at least once or twice a week about sweater knitting and my experiences with sweaters.

And finally, weekends are going to be for me!  If I want to knit on something other then what is on my list, I am going to.  It's my knitting and I am in control and no one made a rule that I have to clothe the entire world this Christmas now did they?!  (Thank you Norma for that bit of advice so many years ago)

Go out and enjoy this lovely weekend wherever you are, I'll see you on the purl side.

No comments: