Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Best Birthday Ever!


I've just about had the best birthday ever.  First, I took it off from work and had breakfast with some friends at Cracker Barrel in Morton.  From there, we headed over to Bloomington/Normal to see a new yarn shop that came to town, Le Mouton Rouge Knittery.  On the way, I got a call from Mona Lisa and Baby Boy A, wishing me happy birthday.

While in the car, I got presents!  From Becky, I got the  Snoopy perpetual calendar above will go to work with me and sit on my desk.  Isn't it cute!!

Then Debbie made these two chart holders for my knitting charts (I've been whining forever that I needed her to make me one) and the snoopy tablets.  These will all get major use!


After the new yarn shop, we headed back to Peoria to The Fiber Universe who is having their sale this week, then had lunch at One World where I had to die for Sweet Potato Pie.  I never realized I would like Sweet Potato Pie until my friend Brenda let me taste some a few weeks back.  Yummo.  I totally like Sweet Potato pie now!

On the way home, my nephew called to wish me a happy birthday.  He never fails to call me on my birthday and it warms my heart that he takes time to do that every year no matter where he is!

The Tall Guy and I ended the day with pizza and wine (me, not him).  We don't buy birthday presents for each other any more, but that doesn't mean that I don't buy my own.  Which I did.  I've got knitting to do down the road!


It has been a super birthday, I have birthday hugs, birthday greetings on Facebook and Ravelry and I cannot tell you how it makes me feel to be remembered.  I've got the bestest friends and family.




No comments: